The environmental quality objective A Magnificent Mountain Landscape aims to ensure that:
– the value of mountain areas for reindeer husbandry is preserved and their distinctiveness, with magnificent landscapes characterised by grazing and extensive, continuous areas, is maintained,
– important ecosystem services of mountain landscapes are preserved,
– habitats and naturally occurring species associated with mountain landscapes have a favourable conservation status and sufficient genetic variation within and between populations,
– threatened species have recovered and habitats have been restored in valuable mountain landscapes,
– alien species and genotypes do not threaten biodiversity,
– genetically modified organisms that can threaten biodiversity are not introduced,
– mountain areas with high natural and cultural heritage values are preserved and the conditions for continued preservation and development of these values are in place, and
– the value of mountain landscapes for outdoor recreation is safeguarded and maintained, and the impact of noise is minimised.
No. It is not possible to achieve the environmental quality objective by 2020 on the basis of policy instruments already decided on or planned.